Our biokinetics partners are qualified healthcare practitioners and are officially listed on the Vitality Network. We offer the Discovery Vitality Fitness Assessment (VFA) to all members who are on the Vitality rewards program.
All VFA’s are performed by qualified Biokineticists at our facility in Claremont and are submitted to Vitality on the day so you can earn those Vitality points immediately!
Why get your yearly fitness assessment?
Other than having a deeper understanding of your current physical status regarding body composition, cardiovascular fitness and functional movement ability, vitality members can also benefit in the following ways by partaking in the annual fitness assessment:
- Earn up to 7500 points (2500 base points plus up to 5000 bonus points depending on how well you do = 7500 per year)
- Unlock a larger discount on your Healthy Gear reward (Up to 25%)
- Get to Gold/Diamond status!
If you do not maximise your points on the first try, our Biokineticists can help you improve in the areas that need work, and you can perform a retest as often as you like in that calendar year.
What is the process and how long does it take:
The Vitality Fitness Assessment takes approximately 45min to complete and will assess the following areas:
- Cardiovascular risk screening
- Body Composition
- Cardiovascular Fitness test
- Functional movement screening
Please download and print the “VFA Consent Form 2017”.
Either bring the completed form along with you to your Assessment or you can fill it out at our office.
If you plan to do the latter please ensure that you arrive at our offices 5-10mins prior to your scheduled appointment.
Download VFA Consent Form
Important Preparations & Process:
Below is a list of instructions and guidelines that are to be followed prior to the assessment:
- Wear loose-fitting clothing and comfortable flat (training) shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids 24 hours in advance.
- Make sure that you are well rested.
- Bring ID number and medical aid membership number with.
- Avoid eating a large meal less than 1 hour before the test.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine for more than 3 hours before the test.
- Avoid exercise or strenuous activity on the day of the test, and avoid performing abnormally strenuous activity on the day prior to the test.
Participants should NOT be getting over a cold, the flu or an infection. If you’re currently taking antibiotics, you will need to wait until you are fully recovered. (medications can raise your heart rate and affect testing results).
If you have a Pacemaker or are currently on Beta Blockers (blood pressure medication), you would need to complete your VFA at practice that has a Wattbike, so unfortunately we would not be able to complete your assessment.
Cost & Payment:
R375 per assessment, which can be claimed back from your medical savings account.
How do I Book?
Simply click the link below to book an assessment. Alternatively call us on 021 683 3121 (Ext:3204), or pop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org