Our biokinetics partners are qualified healthcare practitioners and are officially listed on the Vitality Network. We offer the Discovery Vitality Fitness Assessment (VFA) to all members who are on the Vitality rewards program.All VFA’s are performed by qualified Biokineticists at our facility in Claremont and are submitted to Vitality on the day so you can earn those Vitality points immediately!
What is the process and how long does it take?
The Vitality Fitness Assessment takes approximately 45min to complete (60min if done in pairs) and will assess the following areas:
- Cardiovascular risk screening
- Body Composition
- Cardiovascular Fitness test
- Functional movement screening
Why get your yearly fitness assessment?
Other than having a deeper understanding of your current physical status regarding body composition, cardiovascular fitness and functional movement ability, vitality members can also benefit in the following ways by partaking in the annual fitness assessment:
- Earn up to 7500 points (2500 base points plus up to 5000 bonus points depending on how well you do = 7500 per year).
- Unlock a more substantial discount on your Healthy Gear reward (Up to 25%).
- Get to Gold/Diamond status!
If you do not maximise your points on the first try, our Biokineticists can help you improve in the areas that need work, and you can perform a retest as often as you like in that calendar year.
Vitality Fitness Assessmen at Bio Mechanix
- Bring along your ID number and medical aid membership number.
- Download and complete a copy the “VFA Consent Form 2019”
Friendly Note: If you plan to fill out the forms at our facility, please ensure that you arrive at our offices 5-10mins prior to your scheduled appointment.
Below is a list of instructions and guidelines that are to be followed before the assessment:
- Wear loose-fitting clothing and comfortable flat (training) shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids 24 hours in advance.
- Make sure that you are well rested.
- Avoid eating a large meal less than 1 hour before the test.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine for more than 3 hours before the test.
- Avoid exercise or strenuous activity on the day of the test, and avoid performing abnormally vigorous activity on the day before the test.
Participants should NOT be recovering from a cold, flu or any other infection. If you’re currently taking antibiotics, you will need to wait until you healthy before commencing with the assessment, as medications can raise your heart rate and affect testing results.
If you have a Pacemaker or are currently on Beta Blockers (blood pressure medication) or Thyroid Medication, you would need to complete your VFA at practice which makes use of a Wattbike. In these cases, we would unfortunately not be able to complete the Cardiovascular Fitness Test portion of the assessment. Your options would then be to forego that test and any potential bonus points that come from it but still complete the remainder of the Assessment with us, or visit a Biokineticist who has a Wattbike in their practice.
R460 per assessment, payable on site, and can be claimed back from your medical savings account.